Welcome to Coming Clean: The Green Day Slash Community! As the name suggests, this community celebrates slash between the members of the infamous Berkeley, CA based punk band Green Day. Green Day slash involving Green Day members and other men outside of the band is also welcome.
If you feel as if your stories need editing before you post, or if you need some legitimate feedback of a more critical and honest nature, then you're in luck! ComingClean now has an official beta list. All of them are available for you to contact, so please don't hesitate in doing so!
1. If it's not gay, it's not going in. Welcome to comingclean, Livejournal's premier Green Day slash community. All fiction, fanart, fanmixes etc posted here MUST primarily contain slash. Femmeslash and crossover slash is accepted, however slash involving children of the bandmembers is not permitted. This rule is The Big One. If your post is deemed inappropriate for this community because it isn't slashy enough, it will be deleted. The mod's decision is final.
2. "If you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all." Play nice! Treat other users with the respect, and if you have a disagreement with another member, take it up with the mods. Wank and flamewars are unacceptable.
3. All posts must have a header, as follows:
Title: (Please please please take the time to give your work a title. Please. It may help someone find your work at a later date.)
Author: (You, I should hope!)
Rating: (Either G, PG, PG-13, R, or NC-17. See below for ratings guides.)
Pairing: (Who's getting it on in your fic/art/etc?)
Notes: (Anything else you want to say about your fic/art/etc goes here, including any squick warnings.)
Use of a disclaimer is optional.
All posts must also be tagged. Details of the tagging system comingclean employs can be found here. Any questions/problems, anything you're unsure of, please ask.
Using the American movie guidelines as a template, your work can be rated as follows:
* G: Good clean fun for all ages. Example: Trigger by looking_spiffy.
* PG: Mild implied sexual innuendo, mild bad words, or violence or serious (though not quite mature) topics. Example: Photographs by mandolin13.
* PG-13: Some violence, bad language, obvious sexual innuendo, implied sexual relations. Also may include some mature topics such as suicide, drug/alcohol advocacy, rape aftermath, etc. Example 1: Closer By The Moment by tasyfa. Example 2: Avoiding Mines by innerchorus.
* R: Just-short-of-explicit sex, graphic torture or violence, rape. Not recommended for minors. Example: A Friend Who'll Tease by oh_johnny_.
* NC-17: explicit erotica, excessively gory violence. Often illegal for underage readers. Example: Untitled by letterbomb_baby.
4. All posts must be placed behind an lj-cut. Instructions on how to do that are here.
5. Repeated rule violation will result in a ban from the community. "Three strikes and you're out" - violate the rules once, you will be asked to rectify your error and warned. Violate them twice, you'll be warned again. Third time? OH SHI-
6. No spam! Please don't post player requests for RP comms, adverts for other communities or introductions. We don't mind if you lurk, but the best way to introduce yourself is by posting some fic or art! :)
7. If you do not currently have an author's tag, or you don't know what an author's tag is, you are not allowed to post until you have contacted the mods and assured them you know how to properly add headers, tags, and lj-cuts to your posts. They will then add your username to the author's tag list, and only after they have added your username are you allowed to post.
If your post is deemed to have violated a rule or two, especially The Big One, your post will be deleted. There is no excuse for not taking the time to read the rules. In the event that your post is deleted and you can't understand why or you would like to discuss it with the mods, please do go over to their journal and leave a comment on the designated post. All comments will be screened.